1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
- I took the IELTS!
- I read a book in English (a physical book as opposed to ebooks, thanks sulz.)
- I bought boots!
- I had my first celebrity crush ever.
- I went to a high school reunion and killed many ghosts.
2. Did you keep your New Year resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I attempted to make resolutions for the first time when 2008 started. It didn’t work at all. I guess I’m not that kind of person. I won’t play that game anymore.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- My friend Abby did! Just before the year ended!
- My dog Zeus had 10 beautiful babies and I kept the cutest one.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Heath Ledger. Wait he probably doesn’t count. Except he does. 😦
- My 1 year old bird was eaten by my puppy.
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I want to graduate. I want my depression to get cured.
6. What countries did you visit?
I haven’t been abroad yet.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
August – September – October = worst relapse of depression.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being alive on Jan 1st this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing my internship. Watching lots of people graduate before me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just mental illness.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- My boots for my birthday.
- Lots of coke
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The people who stuck with me and made me smile.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody in particular.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I don’t know if I can call anything “my money”. I don’t work. I don’t spend much either. I have been trying to get myself some clothes but I haven’t found any that I like. If I do, that would be the most money, but then that wouldn’t be in 2008. I spent a lot in my boots (apart from that I always wore cheap shoes and those I borrowed from my mom). Hmm, I guess coke? food? I spent a little bit in alcohol in the last few days… Again, nothing is “my money”.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Reading several books at the same time about atheism and evolutionary biology.
- Watching “The Dark Knight” in English… looking up things about Heath Ledger…
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“Who Killed Amanda Palmer” The album.
I can choose a song: Oasis. Because it’s fun and catchy.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I am a lot stronger. I am older and wiser.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I don’t know… jogging in the mornings?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I don’t know.
20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Past: I stayed with my family until 2 am, then got a call from a friend and got drunk.
21. How would you sum up your 2008 in one word?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I don’t think so.
23. How many one-night stands?
I… kissed two strangers. Didn’t go beyond that.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Friends. I have been watching it again… It’s excellent. Never gets old. I love Chandler.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I hate you.
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm, no. That was in 2007 with the dresden dolls.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
This one is easy. The Dark Knight. 😀
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you (optional)?
I stayed home and had nice things to eat. I turned twenty-two.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I was graduated. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore and I could get ready to go to Australia.
32. What kept you sane?
When I lost all hope, I had people who didn’t let me go.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
- I got really interested in the US elections and my favorite won.
- Colombian politics though… don’t get me started. It makes me angry. Corruption, people die, etc.
35. Whom did you miss?
Somebody who sleeps while I’m awake and viceversa. 😦
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My dear Satoru. Of course I didn’t really “meet” Satoru. But it doesn’t matter.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
That I am strong. That it is not that important to be a doctor at age 21 if it’s going to make me miserable.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Plus i’m only twenty-six years old (twenty-two)
My grandma died at eighty-three (she is alive at 89)
That’s lots of time if i don’t smoke
I think i’ll wait another year
Another year – Amanda Palmer. No need to rush things right? It can wait another year. That’s for you… YOU… Seize-the-day freaks!