UPDATE = I HAVE CREATED A BLOGROLL PAGE THIS ONE INCLUDED. A LITTLE PLACE FOR EVERY BLOG TO BE. I HAVE INCLUDED DESCRIPTIONS OF WHAT EACH LINK MEANS TO ME…. “WHAT A LINK MEANS TO ME” POETIC HUH? WELL, MAYBE NOT. JUST FOLLOW THE LINK.
It started as both of us being victims of blog scrapping off by the same criminal. Some site that as I see is now gone, that was all about depression and just posted entries from my blog and many other bloggers. LA very kindly emailed me to let me know about this, just like in the past Sulz emailed me to let me know about another blog scrapper case. After they sent notifications of this to the appropriate places, I found myself immersed in LA’s blog instead.
1) It’s a blog about depression.
2) It’s not long and whiney like mine, although my blog is not “about” depression, it’s about Me, the complicated and confused Nessa who also happens to suffer from depression. So I get to be whiney… maybe not, but I still am. And you still read me, so there.
3) Although there are thousands of blogs about depression, this one particulary attracted me, because it has very good material about how depression affects herself and other people in a very concise, easy to read, and even in a fun way.
I’d like to ask some of the people who are kind of confused about the depressed girl who writes here (me) and her “emo” entries, to read some of the entries of my featured blog, since in my opinion, it would help you understand what it’s like to suffer from depression as opossed to “ohhh I’m so depressed, my boyfriend broke up with me today”.
4) Of course, besides all that, I liked it because it triggers a “DITTO!” response on myself. And a sweet jealous hate of “why didn’t I think of that before”. That of course attracts blog scrappers but I’m not one of them.
I could end my post here, but I seem to be incapable of making short posts. So I am going to point to a few posts that triggered the ditto response.
Nah, jk, you get to see them by yourself. 🙂
Actually, I just wanted to ask you people:
What is the first thing you consider when you arrive at a new blog?
I mean, you obviously consider the whole content of the blog after reading a few entries, but what is the hook? Because you don’t read the whole content of every blog you read, or do you? Wow, you’re a machine. Scrapper!
So, what is the most common thing that hooks you into a blog?
- A hot entry
- The main theme… “A blog about atheism”, “A blog about books”
- The visual Theme (The skin).
- The About Page
- The titles of the posts
- The number of comments
- The number of visits
- The engine: WordPress/Blogger, etc.
- Other (specify…)