It’s around 5 am, I woke up at 2 again. Well… the alarm sounded at 2, but I woke up more around 3…. ish. This was something nonsense because like you can imagine I didn’t really sleep from 2 to 3 ish, so it would have been the same if I had just gotten up from bed in the beggining. What can I say, asleep me thought it was a good idea. Asleep me has been taking over several times a day.
Dawn has been sort of a good time to get stuff done. Nights don’t work anymore for several reasons, so these days I’ve just gone to bed as soon as I can and then get up and work around these hours, when everything is quiet and dead. Yes, it works, but for some reason I end up more tired during the day, and that leads me to go to sleep early again and repeat the cycle. It’s an end of the semester thing, I already had my peak of activity and now I’m just dragging myself around.
Guide to dragging-yourself-around day:
1. (a.k.a: the high of the day) Open eyes… enjoy the 5 seconds of the day when you don’t know who you are, where you are, or what kind of big monster is waiting for you outside.
2. Curse several times when it all comes back to you. Fall asleep again, wake up, sleep, wake up, sleep, wake up, sleep wake up. Repeat cycle for 30 to 60 minutes or more. (Time inversely proportional to the risk of dying if you don’t finish your project/essay/exam studying for that day.)
3. Dream for a little while about the possibility of a meteor rock crashing down on earth or at least on your school/university/institute/work. Use variations of this fantasy over the days.
4. When that doesn’t work, curse several times, get out of bed, either finish what you have to do, or tell asleep you to finish it. Asleep you is your key to survive through the day.
5. When it’s done, or when it’s not but you think being not-so-fashionably late would be worse, tell asleep you to somehow get you showered, dressed and on the way to class.
6. If you manage to get there, sleep when nobody is looking… alternate one eye, then the other if you must. Program asleep you again to nod at appropriate times and talk a little bullshit like it actually knew something….
7. Wait until the whole thing is over. Note: Remind asleep you to eat from time to time.
8. Repeat 6 and 7 as many times as it takes, until it’s time to go home. Ask asleep you again to get you home, and hope it won’t get lost, or your dragging around day might prolong.
8. Somehow make it to the bed.
YOU MADE IT! CONGRATULATIONS!
9. Now, wait 5 to 6 hours right where you are, then go to 1 and start over.